Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Evergreen & Stylistic Options Discussed

So as I was reading the article "Evergreen" it felt like reading everything I was ever taught in middle school and high school. It is exactly how I was taught how to write and pretty much all I have ever done. I find it ionic that we are reading this considering that we were asked to step away from it for our last paper. I fel confussed but at ease to see the style I have always used is very well organized and useful. It is how I understand best and like to write.

On the other hand the article "Stylistic Options" was different from anything I have read before. It broke down paragraphs in a very intersting way that I never thought about before. After reading it a couple times it really made sense and I liked seeing how sentences can really relate because I feel like I learned how to eliminate unuseful information and how to organize a paragragh better. I however had trouble with the example we were supposed to analysed and I think I got the steps mixed up. I think I need to look more into the steps and maybe hear someone else explain it so I can break down my paragraphs better.

No comments: